Shocking Facts You Did Not Know Before
How about that China is the world’s biggest english-speaking nation? Or that India has more people with IQ’s over 120 than the total population of the USA? Or that a home computer in 2049 will have more computing power than the total human species of 2008? Scroll down to see more.
- If you are one in a million in China…there are 1,300 people just like you. China will soon become the number one English speaking country in the world.
- The 25% of India’s population with the highest IQ’s….is Greater than the total population of the United States. Translating: India has more honors kids than America has kids.
- The top in-demand jobs in 2010…did not exist in 2004. We are currently preparing students for jobs that don’t yet exist…using technologies that haven’t been invented…in order to solve problems we don’t even know are problems yet. The U.S. Department of Labor estimates that today learner will have 10-14 jobs..by the age of 38.
- 1 in 4 workers has been with their current employer for less than a year…1 in 2 for less than five years
- 1 out of 8 couples married in the U.S. last year met online. There are over 200 million registerd users on Myspace.If Myspace were a country it would be the 5th-largest in the world (between Indonesia and Brazil).
- The #1 ranked country in Broadban Internet Penetration is Bermuda #19 The United States and #22 Japan.
- We are living in exponential times. There are 31 Billion searches on Google every month. In 2006 this number was 2.7 billion.
- The first commercial text message was sent in December of 1992. Today, the number of text messages sent and received everyday, exceeds the total planet.
- Years it tool to reach a market audience of 50 million
Radio- 38 years
TV – 13 years
Internet – 4 years
iPod – 3 years
facebook – 2 years
- The number of internet devices in 1984 was 1,000.In 1992, that figure changed to 1,000,000 which became 1,000,000,000 in 2008.
- There are about 540,000 words in the English language. About 5X as many as during Shakespeare’s time.
- It is estimated that a week’s worth of the New York Times contains more information than a person was likely to come across in a lifetime in the 18th century.
- It is estimated that 4 exabytes (4.0×10^19) of unique information will be generated this year. That is more than the previous 5,000 years.
- The amount of new technical information is doubling every 2 years…For students starting a 4 year techincal degree, this means that half of what they learn in their first year of study will be outdated by their third year of study.
- NTT Japan has successfully tested a fiber bits per second down a single strand of fiber. That is 2,600 CDs or 210 million phone calls every second. It is currently tripling every six months and is expected to do so for the next 20 years.
- By 2013, a supercomputer will be built that exceeds the computational capabilties of the human brain. Predictions are that by 2049 a $1000 computer will exceed the computational capabiltiles of the entire human species.
- During the course of you reading this article 67 babies were born in the US, 274 babies were born in China, 395 in India. And 694,000 songs were downloaded illegally.
Powered by Facebook Comments